How Ultimus helped Compassion International in its Charity Sponsorship Process.
Compassion International is the world’s largest Christian child development organization that permanently releases children from poverty. Founded in 1952, Compassion successfully tackles global poverty one child at a time, serving more than 1 million children - pre-natal through higher education - in 26 of the world’s poorest countries.
Recognizing that poverty is more than a lack of money, Compassion works holistically through local churches to address the individual physical, economic, educational and spiritual needs of children, enabling them to thrive, not just survive. Charity Navigator, America’s largest charity evaluator, has awarded Compassion its highest rating - four stars - for eight consecutive years. For more information or to sponsor a child, visit www.compassion.com
Breaking the Cycle of Poverty for More Than 1 Million Children
Compassion International came from modest beginnings in 1952 when a man named Rev Everett Swanson felt compelled to help 35 children orphaned by the Korean War. Today Compassion helps more than 1 million children in 26 countries across the globe based on the original vision of Swanson. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, Compassion is a child development organization that works through local churches in impoverished countries to deliver children from economic, physical, social and spiritual poverty.
Giving Children Hope for the Future
The hallmark of Compassion’s work is one-to-one child sponsorship, with an inside-out, bottom-up approach that recognizes the potential of each individual. Their network spans four main regions of the world – Asia, Africa, Middle America, and South America – and each country office is staffed by local residents who handle the daily operations for that location. Compassion believes that changed circumstances rarely change people’s lives, but changed people inevitably change their circumstances.
Benefits Using Ultimus
- Increased efficiency and standardization.
- By focusing on the five exceptions causing the greatest amount of pain, Compassion gained the greatest return on their process improvement efforts.
- Compassion servicing unit has the tools to perform their work effectively, efficiently, and devote more time to gaining new sponsorship.
- Improved relationships with sponsors – in these economic times, this is a key differentiator with so many charities in need of support.
- Messages to children arrive without interruption, giving them the needed sense of security that someone cares.
Compassion and Ultimus Team Up to Make a Difference