Position: BPM Developer/Administrator
Location: Washington, DC
Department: Information Technology Services
The National Academies – the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, the Institute of Medicine, and the National Research Council – provide authoritative and objective advice on vital public policy challenges related to science, engineering, and medicine. They are also a force in advancing science, engineering, and medical education and developing the next generation of leaders in those fields.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) provides information technology and service solutions to staff, study volunteers, and Academy members allowing the National Academies to deliver the most efficient and the highest-quality products to external customers.
The successful candidate partners with business users to perform analysis and development of process related systems. Serves as a subject matter expert around BPM technologies. Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems. Maintains and monitors the overall system daily for problems. Takes appropriate actions to resolve issues that may occur with the system. Analyzes and schedules system updates.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT US AT: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NAS&cws=1&r...
PLEASE INDICATE SOURCE AS BPMGEEK
Basic requirements: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent knowledge with four years of related professional experience, including at least two years of experience using JDeveloper (ADF) or Java. The following qualifications are desired: familiarity with BPM technologies; knowledge of UML, SOA, and Java; hands-on experience with JDeveloper, ADF framework, XML, and WSDLs. Experience with producing artifacts including BPMN process diagrams and implementing new processes. Experience with web service integrations. Strong troubleshooting skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees. Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Analyzes and defines business processes. Works closely with functional business owners and/or Business Analyst to identify business processes for improvement. Validates requirements and creates custom UI components. Provides recommendations on new efficiencies gained from process changes and works to understand the implications on the proposed change on the organization.
- Prepares existing processes models to show inefficiencies and develops new models to show the impact of the improvements for the business. Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost. Determines how new information technologies can support reengineering business processes.
- Utilizes an iterative development approach and is able to play back iteration results to stakeholders in order to validate and /or refine a solution. Uses BPM composer to develop models and run simulations using the process player to validate business flow and rules. Develops forms and integration hooks to other products using Java, ADF, SOA, and webservices. Provides integration services with other databases such as SQL and Oracle.
- Captures metrics to support key performance indicators as defined by the stakeholders. Produces, analyzes, and summarizes reports as required.
- Manages projects. Tracks and monitors project progress to ensure timeliness of delivery. Serves as the single point of contact to other parties on the project. Manages relationship with outside BPM consultants who may provide models for implementation. Schedules routine meetings with business process owners for model reviews/updates. Implements continuous process monitoring and performs regular performance tuning based upon results. Works with business process owners to ensure satisfaction with improvements.
- Understands BPM configuration and the interaction between BPM and its underlying applications, services, and databases in order to ensure optimal performance.
- Utilizing knowledge of BPM/Imaging architecture, works to maintain and monitor the overall system daily for problems. Takes appropriate actions to resolve issues that may occur with the system. Analyzes and schedules system updates. Performs or oversees backup/archive, restores, and recovery of the system and its associated connected databases. Troubleshoots problems with system hardware/ software. Responsible for upgrades and system patches. Applies vendor updates and fixes or modifies source code as needed.
- Manages vendor relationships. Works with vendor to understand impact and compatibility issues in new releases with integrated components. Reports software problems to vendor and works with vendor to resolve problems.
- Trains and mentors others in the practice of BPM.
- Assesses trends in industry and stays current on the BPM technologies and developments. Identifies and recommends potential future enhancements to the system.