Senior Consultant - Enterprise 2.0
Function1 is a small consulting organization providing best-in-class consulting services and software solutions in the portal and enterprise social networking spaces. We're looking for smart, hard working individuals who have experience in web-based development (Java or .NET), are willing to travel, and have a sincere drive to help customers and build a better company.
- Lead portal, enterprise social computing, or business process management implementations and development projects throughout the entire lifecycle
- Communicate with customers' business and technical stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements
- Provide technical guidance related to systems architecture and design
- Design, implement, and deliver custom web-based applications and integration components
- Contribute to project deliverable plans, scoping, and solutions.
- Develop re-sellable software solutions that meet the real business needs of multiple customers
- Maintain an active role in the Oracle consultant community (blogging, webinars, etc.)
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Growth-oriented and customer-focused, with attention to detail and great communication skills
- Previous experience in Portal technologies a plus:
- Oracle WebCenter
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent speaking and customer interaction skills
- Ability to diagnose complicated technical issues and improvise solutions
- Familiarity with Java and/or C# in a web development capacity
- Experience with database systems (SQL Server, Oracle) operating systems (Windows, Unix), and modern web technologies (DHTML, XML, SOAP, Web Services) highly desirable
- Understanding of network architecture, including firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and DMZ a positive
- Demonstrated expertise in IT project delivery
- College degree in CS or equivalent
- Experience implementing off-the-shelf software solutions and tailoring it to business requirements.
- Ability to quick learn new products and implement integration solutions
- Ability to think "outside-the-box" to use existing technologies to solve business problems