Sr Developer - Business Process Mgmt & Analytics
An ideal candidate must be passionate about technology and have a desire to create solutions which will change the way our clients do business. Requires experience with data warehousing technologies such as ETL, dimensional schemas, OLAP cubes, multi-dimensional modeling, data cleansing, and others. Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess communication skills to work with the project team to determine and document reporting requirements.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, BPM Analytics Development
- Participate in the design, build and maintenance of Data Warehouses, BPM Applications, Business Analytics, Data Modeling and Business Intelligence
- Provide technical leadership around new and emerging BPM, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing techniques and technologies
- Provide support to both operational databases and BI solutions and to act as a Tier 3 support for escalated issues
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- Advanced SQL skills including query design, optimization techniques and Oracle 10g+ database development including PL/SQL (DDL, DML, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Applied Advanced skills in at least 2 of the following: Java, J2EE, JDBC, JSP, and JMS
- Familiarity and experience with multithreading and concurrency.
Skills / Knowledge Preferred:
- Simulation Modeling (Arena preferred), BPMS
- Applied skills in .Net Enterprise Services and COM+
- Applied skills in COM
- JIRA and Subversion
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and related tools (e.g. JUnit)
- 7-10 years information technology industry programming
- Minimum 3 years Experience with BPMN and/or XPDL
- Experience in architecture, design and development of BI solutions including ETL, dimensional modeling, and data warehousing
- Enterprise BI platforms such as MSAS, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc..
- OLAP and MDX
- Documenting both business and system requirements
- Architecture, design and development of BPM solutions including BPMN, BPEL and/or XPDL
- Savvion BPM Suite
- Business analytics, statistics, and data mining
- Process Modeling
MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), is a leading government services firm devoted to providing health and human services program management and consulting services worldwide. Founded in 1975, MAXIMUS has more than 6,500 employees located in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Israel. MAXIMUS has been recognized by Forbes and Business Week as one of the best small companies in America and is included in the Russell 2000 Index and the S&P SmallCap 600 Index.
Education Required: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
Education Preferred: Masters Degree
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required: Proficient GUI development skills. Working knowledge in all phases of software lifecycle, excellent analytical skills
Technical Skills / Knowledge Preferred: Advanced proficiency in GUI development skills
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Required: Eight years of related experience and/or training in Analysis, Design and Development of Complex applications
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Preferred: Eight to twelve years of related experience and/or training in Analysis, Design and Development of Complex applications.
Personal/Soft Skills: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment, ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously, ability to work as a team member, as well as independently. Ability to lead a development team.
1. Evaluates product change requests and takes appropriate action to make required changes
2. Provides guidance to entry level engineering staff
3. Conducts system analysis and development, with limited support
4. Performs functional analysis and design for small to moderate projects
5. Coordinates with other technical specialists, project managers, engineers and contractors to ensure timely and effective management of resources
6. Develops code for modules of small to large scope
7. May oversee user acceptance testing and unit testing
8. Leads group discussions with peers or external groups
9. Works with external vendors, when necessary
10. Performs data modeling / database design work
11. Writes concise and clear technical documents
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management
MAXIMUS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Healthcare Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Our benefit program also includes paid holidays, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and supplemental insurance (pet ins., auto ins., legal plan, long-term care ins, and credit union).