Sr Manager Operations Research
Position Summary: Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Business Process Management (BPM), the Sr. Manager Business Process Design directly supports the implementation and improvement of BPM best practices for call centers and operational functions in Health Services with the goal of driving process repeatability and improvement through efficient process design and analysis. The position manages the implementation and improvement of best practices for the design, analysis, documentation, and improvement of core and management business processes. The position employees advanced process design and analysis tools such as process simulation / optimization and statistical analysis methods to drive and test alternative designs.
The position seeks to uncover business process improvement needs including enhancements in standardized process design, process performance monitoring, reporting, and process analysis and ensures that efficient process design and analysis are included in corporate and project system design and implementations.
The Sr. Manager Business Process Design works closely with project staff in varied locations and corporate teams to ensure that best practices and standards are being appropriately applied and producing the intended results. The position mentors other staff on the proper use of analysis methods, tools, and practices and is responsible for ensuring that complex process models and other documentation are presented to clients and stakeholders in a clear and non-technical manner. The position is expected to travel up to 50% of their time.
Bachelor's degree in a technology related field, e.g., Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Sciences, Management Information Sciences or related field.
Master's degree in a technology related field, e.g., Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Sciences, Management Information Sciences or related field.
Technical Skills/Knowledge Required:
- BPM disciplines and tools to drive efficient process design and improvement
- Deep understanding articulating processes in standards-based modeling languages, especially BPMN and XPDL
- Business process and simulation modeling including observation and subject matter expert interviewing techniques, model verification and model validation methods
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience:
- 5+ years of successful application of BPM disciplines and tools to drive efficient process design and improvement5+ years of experience and deep understanding articulating processes in standards-based modeling languages, especially BPMN and XPDL
- 5+ years of successful hands-on implementation of business process and simulation modeling including observation and subject matter expert interviewing techniques, model verification and model validation methods
- 5+ years of successfully leading the use of analytical thinking, methods and tools including relevant statistical forecasting methods, to resolve problems
- 3+ years experience working with and leading teams.
Subject Matter Expertise/ Experience Preferred:
Experience with government sponsored health care programs and operations
- Provide guidance, background information, and assistance to operations management and other staff on the interpretation and effective use of BPM models focuses on effective process design in operational, i.e., non - technical language.
- Design efficient business processes using BPM disciplines and tools.
- Collaborate with other members of the BPM team to identify enhancement needs to existing models and established BPM best practices.
- Collaborate with operations management and systems management to ensure effective process design is incorporated into corporate and project systems design and implementations.
- Support integration of BPM principles in strategic initiatives at the regional and corporate levels.
- Lead teams in the abstraction of existing and future business processes into logical process models to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Analyze business processes to develop simulation and/or optimization models designed to further understanding of the behavior of processes
- Write and make presentations to clients, often requiring clear and persuasive explanation of complex processes to a non-technical audience.
- Effectively supervisor and mentor other analysts on the BPM team.
- Strong facilitation and relationship management skills. Must be able to elicit requirements from various personalities across organizational boundaries and be effective at all organizational levels; users, team members and management
- Analyze data and other information in order to conceptualize and define operational problems and/or improvement opportunities.
- Define data requirements then gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests
MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), is a leading government services firm devoted to providing health and human services program management and consulting services worldwide. Founded in 1975, MAXIMUS has more than 6,500 employees located in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Israel. MAXIMUS has been recognized by Forbes and Business Week as one of the best small companies in America and is included in the Russell 2000 Index and the S&P SmallCap 600 Index.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Preferred: Three to five years of experience in related area
Personal/Soft Skills: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing business processes based on in-depth knowledge of organizational and or client objectives, ability to coach, develop and mentor team members, ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment, ability to work under standards-based performance measures and ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Establish operational objectives and work plans
2. Review objectives to determine success of operations
3. May develop, recommend changes, modify and execute policies and procedures
4. May oversee activities of multiple sections/departments through subordinates
5. Responsible for identifying and resolving issues, problems and concerns by leading cooperative effort of team
6. Interact with different levels of external and internal customers
7. Analytical oversight and review of department/project initiatives
8. Ensure the confidentiality and security of all corporate information
9. Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
MAXIMUS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Healthcare Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Our benefit program also includes paid holidays, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and supplemental insurance (pet ins., auto ins., legal plan, long-term care ins, and credit union).